April Rain Song
by Langston Hughes
Let the rain kiss you
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops
Let the rain sing you a lullaby
The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk
The rain makes running pools in the gutter
The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night
And I love the rain.
There was a pretty big thunderstorm here earlier tonight. I always love it when it storms, well, as long as I'm not out in it. I just curled up on our recliner and watched Alias. That is a damn good show. I can't believe I'm just now watching it, being a big fan of females who kick butt (Buffy and myself included). :) I didn't do much else today besides work and take a nap. Here is an idea of how bored I was working in the bargain book fair set up in the middle of the mall:
Doodlin' in my trusty notebook
(that is supposed to be a snake--get your mind out of the gutter)
It is nice to finally write a fresh blog instead of just transferring stuff over. Of course, that is going to make this one long post because I wanted to have all the old stuff on here before adding anything new.
So, to catch up, I finished those closet cabinets I got a few days ago. They are designed to stack on top of one another but I wanted to wait until after the move to do that.
Admire my handiwork.
Um, let's see. I guess I can write about how I am doing on that list of things I was going to work on.
- Eating healthier and exercising: Well, considering that I am hoarding the powdered mini donuts in my room so that my brother, who is visiting for the weekend, doesn't eat them all...that plan isn't going so well.
- Keeping up with good hobbies: I have mostly just been working on this, hobby-wise. You decide if that is a good or bad thing.
- No dwelling on things I can't change: Yeah, I have been keeping my head in the sand these past few days, not really thinking about it. Things have been done to rectify the situation though. It will just take a while.
- Write in book: No progress. There are hours of 21 Jump Street and Alias episodes that need watching.
- Plan for future without putting life on hold: Not too much of that being done lately. Mostly work, boxed DVD set watching, and Call of Duty.
*Hangs head in shame* I think I have my work cut out for me.
I think I am ready to tell more than one person about this blog. It has enough content now for interest and I have learned a little html so it looks better. Why am I so nervous then?