Okay, I am bored out of my mind at work with nothing to do, so I thought I would resurrect the ol' blog. Here is a run-down of what has been going on for me in 2007 (I have to look in my planner just to remember all of this...):
- I started working in the stock area of the clothing store. It wasn't bad but I did have to be there at 6 in the morning quite a bit to unload the truck. I usually got there before even the manager and had to sit in the cold, empty mall. For this, I later received the Most Punctual award. This should be a big laugh for everyone who knows me, but obviously, I have reformed. So suck on that!
- Played an inordinate amount of XBox 360.
- Played with baby tigers! They were in a mall of all places. :)
- Had to work on Valentine's Day but we did celebrate that Saturday.
- Hmmm...my planner is empty from March through May. I guess I didn't do anything then.
- Painted the walls and bought furniture for my office. My mom's visits always inspire me to tackle projects.
- Started temping again at the company I was with last spring. I worked there full-time & at the mall on weekends. I got burned out pretty quickly doing that.
- Applied for an editor position at the company I was temping for...and got it! The day I called the mall job to give notice, they also offered me a full-time position. Everyone wants a piece of The Coop. I took the editor job because I hate working with customers. Well, that and I love what I do at my new job.
- The boy and I visited a few wineries in the Texas hill country. Sister Creek is my favorite so far. I love their Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Had our first dinner party at the new house. It was fun and I think everyone had a good time. I've completed one thing on my Things to Do Now That You're an Adult list.
- Experienced extremely rainy weather here in San Antonio. I love the rain but I don't really expect it in this area. Thanks, in part, to the rain, I now have a garden that is not only flourishing, but also morphing into something slightly creepy it is so invasive.
- Bought a new car!!!
- Went to a wedding in Dallas on my 26th birthday.
I'm getting a kitten! My sister-in-law had a cat birth a litter in her outdoor chimenea, so I am getting one when the hobbit and I go visit them over Labor Day weekend. I plan to bombard the boy in babies and kittens while I'm there and see what happens. :)
He doesn't stand a chance. I am not sure which kitten I will end up with. One of their friends was promised a white one, but that only means that I can't take two white ones. I'll pick whichever one seems to like us the most. I might just put them all in my suitcase along with the mama cat. The hobbit won't mind.